Thursday, April 15, 2010

You Dey?

At my worst, you are there
No nonsense from you
None whatsoever, you say
You don't listen to my tantrums
You won't give in to me,
No matter how much I sulk
You inspire me
When I push,
You are not moved
You koraa, what are you doing
You bring out the best in me
At my worst

At my best
You are not there
You are nowhere to be found
When I inspire others
When I light up people's eyes
I glow in the light of others' admiration
You are nowhere to be found
I am so tempted
Tempted to be at my worst
When I am at my best
Just so you can come around
Where you dey?

2 comments:

The Author said...

Hmm, I like a goood paradox; like this one. It sounds like you're referring to your conscience. Am I wrong?

(On a whisper, will you consider changing "worse" to "worst"?)

Aba T. Tetteh said...

You are close. Correction noted and rectified. Thanks (small salute)