Thursday, August 12, 2010

The North, East, West, South (NEWS)

Sad; that sums up everything I felt yesterday and reminded me of the reason why I don't listen to the news, if I can help it: people dead from floods in Pakistan, another earthquake in China, a drug-resistant bacteria in India and Pakistan might spread if measures are not taken, indoctrination of Georgians in 'patriotic' camps, the Attorney General in Ghana losing a high profile case involving former government officials, child abuse on the increase in Ghana.

Thinking about this, I realize I did not hear anything good about the world- didn't anyone break a world record?, complete a massive project in record time?, anything? I felt resigned to the fact that everyday I am going to hear about an escalation in conflicts all over the world; a case of one step forward, two steps backward.

Maybe my way of dealing with it all is to bury my head in the sand, as in, not listening to the news, but that is not going to make anything bad go away. I will just be closing my mind to what is taking place around me(my dad is always on me about that). So I will seek solace in this- maybe one day I will hear just good news (I pray), until then I will take the news in small doses.

No comments: