Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Copy Restricted Images

Did you know you can copy restricted images? This post is inspired by www.flickr.com because they wouldn't allow me to copy an image I wasn't going to use for any commercial purpose. I just wanted to view it: a lot. :)
shamefaced

Anyho, I discovered I could get the image without using any of the tricks this site suggested. All I had to do was:
1. Save that page containing the image.
2. Copy or Cut & Paste the saved site into a folder: What happens?
        - A folder gets created automatically for the saved page and that folder contains the image you want.

NB: This is not a lease to steal images; remember to attribute. I was using the browser Chrome and Window 7 operating system. I hope the operating system had nothing to do with it and it will work just the same for other browsers.

5 comments:

DiDi said...

Thanks for the Intel. *Evil Grin* lol how have U been??

seye said...

LOLLLLL!! There are too many ways around this. I don't even go through all that stress. My computer has already been pre-programmed to help itself. With the right tools, all i do is win+s and I'm done. :|

Aba T. Tetteh said...

You are welcome @Didi. I am great
seye: you don't say! Lol

Kafui said...

Aba. The picture in question is downloadable o. You right-click on it, Click on Original (from 'View All Sizes option), Click on Download Original (or right-click and choose 'Save image as... option).
I used the Chrome browser on Windows 7 OS.
Hope that's helpful?

Aba T. Tetteh said...

as at the time i w wanted it, it wasn't downloadable.