Thursday, April 22, 2010

That Thing

Took a while
But I finally gathered the courage
To tell you what it is about you
That drives people away
I told you last night

Made sure there was no one around
No one to be witness to any embarrassment
And after some hesitation
I said it
The thing that drives people away

People have remarked on it
And though I do not know you that well
I have been asked by others to have a chat with you
I waited
I thought hard and long
Hoping you will heed my little promptings
But you were blind to it
The thing that drives people away

I told you
I said it last night
You made as if you understood
That you were aware
Of the thing that drives people away

Today is a new day
A change to take place
Nothing
I thought you understood
I am not the only one who has noticed
It was for your good and everybody's when I told you
About the thing that drives people away

No comments: